FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION -2018
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED:(PART-I) 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS:20
(PART-II) 2 Hours & 30 Minutes MAXIMUM MARKS:80
Q.1. (i) Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate Circle on the OMR Answer Sheet. (20×1=20)
(ii) Answers given anywhere, other than OMR Answer Sheet, shall not be considered.
- Members of Quadrilateral group are US, Pakistan, China and ________
A. India B. Russia C. Afghanistan D. None of the above.
- Kyoto Protocol signed in ______.
A. 1980 B. 1987 C. 1997 D. None of the above.
- OBOR Summit 2017 held in which month?
A. January B. March C. May D. None of the above.
- UNCHR headquarter is situated in which country?
A. USA B. Ireland C. Geneva D. None of the above.
- Total members countries of ASEAN are ______.
A. 8 B. 10 C. 18 D. None of the above.
- Macau returned to China china territory in _______.
A. 20 December 1979 B. 20 December 1989 C. 20 December 1999 D. None of the above.
- International Peace Day celebrated on ___________.
A. 21st August B. 21st September C. 21st October D. None of the above.
- Yerevan is capital of which country ?
A. Armenia B. Azerbaijan C. Baku D. None of the above.
- ________ was a former French Colony.
A. Portugal B. Cambodia C. Barbados D. None of the above.
- Who is the current President of France?
A. Francois Hollands B. Nicolas Sarkozy C. Emmanuel Macron D. None of the above.
- Which name was given to Pakistan and Russia join military drills in 2017?
A. Friendship B. Friends C. Both A & B D. None of the above.
- Pakistan bought 4 Mi 35 helicopters from which country?
A. China B. Russia C. USA D. None of the above.
- East Asia boundary between Communist & Non-Communist is called _______.
A. Oder Neisse Line B. 24th Parallel Line C. Military Demarcation Line D. None of the above.
- Biggest water body in the World is ______.
A. Antarctica B. Caspian Sea C. Red Sea D. None of the above.
- Olympics 2020 will be held in which city ______.
A. Beijing B. Tokyo C. New Delhi D. None of the above.
- Name the Syrian Currency ______.
A. Syrian Dollar B. Syrian Rupee C. Syrian Pound D. None of the above.
- In which year the Taliban Office open in Qatar ?
A. 2003 B. 2010 C. 2013 D. None of the above.
- Yerevan is capital of
A. Georgia B. Armenia C. Albania D. Romania
- Iran US Nuclear Deal was signed in which year?
A. 2014 B. 2015 C. 2016 D. None of the above.
- In june 2013 the Taliban officially opened their office in
A. Suadi Arabia B. UAE C. Qatar D. Oman
Q. No. 2. China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is considered as a game-changer. How the CPEC can be helpful to uplift Pakistan’s economy? Discuss. (20)
Q. No. 3. Discuss in detail the Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline and challenges to it. (20)
Q. No. 4. How the United States is trying to keep its dominant position in the Asia-Pacific and what is the China’s response to it? (20)
Q. No. S. Critically analyze the newly established Islamic Military Alliance and its future implications for the Muslim World? (20)
Q. No. 6. Describe the 2017 Qatar Diplomatic Crisis and its impact on the Middle East. (20)
Q. No. 7. Critically examine the Donald Trump’s Policy for South Asia and its implications for Pakistan and the region.(20)
Q. No. 8. What are the opportunities and challenges for Pakistan as one of the new members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO)?(20)