FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2014 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
NOTE: (i) Make an outline and write a COMPREHENSIVE ESSAY (2500-3000 words) on any ONE of the given topics. Make sure you use different forms of discourses, e.g. exposition, argumentation, description, and narration. Credit will be given for organization, relevance, and clarity.
(ii) No Page/Space be left a blank between the answer. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
1. Literature as a great cultural artifact.
2. Language is a fit data for research in humanities and social sciences.
3. Privatizing higher education-generating knowledge or making more money for the opulent.
4. Women sportspersons as new ambassadors of the soft image of Pakistan.
5. Post-modern ethos – a challenge to the West.
6. Look to the east for a holistic progress.
7. Great nations win without fighting.
8. Can meaning be fixed?
9. The character of a nation can be judged by its symbolic narratives.
10. Violence is the large refuge of the incompetent.