FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2000.
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No.8 which is compu1sory. All questions carry equal marks.
- Define International Relations. Discuss its scope and importance of the study of International Relations.
Define Imperialism and discuss the Economic Theories of Imperialism.
Do you agree that in contemporary International Relations, International Economic and Trade linkages are being used as pressure tactics in inter-State Relations.
Define Non-Aligned Movement? Make an appraisal of its role and discuss the future of NAM.
Define the Politics of Nuclear Proliferation. How far the super powers have been responsible for the proliferation of Nuclear weapons.
Write notes on TWO of the following:
(a) De-colonization (b) Crisis Management
(c) Euro Communism (d) Pak-China relations in the 1990s.
- Define the present “Russian Doctrine” and discuss its impact on Pakistan and India.
- Write only the correct answer in the 4nswer Book. Don’t reproduce the questions.
(1) Yalta Conference was held in:
(a) 1944 (b) 1945 (c) 1946 (d) None of these.
(2) The Cuban Missile Crisis occurred in:
(a) 1960 (b) 1961 (c) 1962 (d) one of these.
(3) NATO was formed in:
(a) 1948 (b) 1949 (c) 1950 (d) None of these.
(4) SEATO was formed in:
(a) 1953 (b) 1954 (c) 1955 (d) None of these.
(5) NAM was formed in:
(a) 1955 (b) 1961 (c) 1962 (d) None of these.
(6) INF Treaty was signed in:
(a) 1985 (b) 1986 (c) 1987 (d) None of these
(7) U Thant was:
(a) The Prime Minister of Laos (b) President of Taiwan
(c) Secretary General of the United Nations. (d) None of these.
(8) Saile Brakat is: –
(a) An Israeli Statesman (b) A leader of East Timor
(c) Chief Palestinian negotiator (d) None of these. –
(9) Pamila Parker is:
(a) A British Actress (b) An American Senator – (c) Girlfriend of crown Prince Charles (d) None of these:
(10) Abdul Kalam is:-
(a) A Literary Figure (b) An Indian Nuclear Scientist (c) A Kashmiri Mujahideen- Leader (d) None of these.
(11) Trygve Lie was:
(a) An Actor of Marshal Art (b) Administrator of Hong Kong (c) Secretary General of the United Nations. (d) None of these.
(12) Fidel Castro became Cuban Prime Minister in:
(a) February, 1959 (b) February, 1960 (c) May, 1961 (d) None of these.
(13) OIC was formed in:
(a) Jedda (b) Rabat (c) Cairo (d) None of these.
(14) Politics Among Nations was written by:
(a) James Rosenau (b) Hans Morgenthan (c) K.J Holsti (d) None of these.
(15) Congress of Vienna took place in:
(a) 1648 (b) 1815 (c) 1899 (d) None of these.
(16) Afghan Mujahideen took power in Kabul on:
(a) April 20,1991. (b) April 28, 1992
(c) 1st March, 1993 (d) None of these.
(17) Alma Atta is the Capital of: –
(a) Tajikistan (b) Terkmenistan
(b) Kazakistan (d) None of these.
(18) Nostradamus was:
(a) An Italian (b) A French (c) A German (d) None of these.
(19) Americans are going to elect: –
(a) 43rd President of USA (b) 44th President of USA
(c) 45th President of USA (d) None of these.
(20) Soviet Union was disintegrated on:
(a) 5th December, 1991 (b) 28th May, 1992 (c) 28th December, 1993 (d) None of these