FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR
RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN B.P.S. – 17,
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 1994
Maximum Marks: 100 Time Allowed: 3 Hours
Note: Attempt any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. What are man’s cognitive powers? Define their nature and scope and highlight the need of Divine guidance to mankind.
2. Give a brief account of the perception about the universe, which a Muslim mind should keep in his mind according to the teachings of the Holy Quran.
3. What do you understand by the phrase “man is a vicegerent of Allah on the earth”. Highlight the major components of a concept.
4. What is meant by ‘Ibadah’ in Islam? Critically evaluate the various conception worship of the major religions of the world and compare them with Islamic concept.
5. Define the terms Din, Shariat, Fiqah and Ijtihad and highlight the concepts conveyed by these terms.
6. Write an explanatory note on the separate role of man and woman and their mutual relationship in an Islamic social structure.
7. Point out the institutions of legislation and interpretation of law in Islamic society. Highlight the separate role of each institution in the process.
8. Give a brief sketch of the strategy which, in your view, may lead the Muslim Ummah to develop itself into united and strong block of Muslim countries, highlighting the present scenario of the word situation.