FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2010 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ISLAMIC STUDIES
- TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
- PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
- PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
- PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- NOTE: (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.1 Select the best option/answer and fill in the appropriate box on the answer sheet
- (i) Batha valley is situated in : (a) Makkah (b) Madina(c ) Egypt (d) Jordan (e) None of these
- (ii) The longest Surah of the Quran is (a) Surah Al Baqarah (b) Surah Aal e Imran (c ) Surah Al Taubah (d) Surah Yunus (e) None of these
(iii) Al Maeen is a Surah in which there are: (a) 100 or more Ayats (b) Simple order (c ) Hard Orders (d) Less than 100 Ayats (e) None of these
(iv) “Arbaeen” is that book of Hadith in which there are : (a) 40 Ahadith (b) 50 Ahadith (c ) 30 Ahadith (d) 20 Ahadith (e) None of these
(v) Fatwa Qazi Khan is an authentic Fatwa of: (a) Fiqh Hanbali (b) Fiqh Maliki (c ) Fiqh Shafi (d) Fiqh Hanafi (e) None of these
(vi) Fidk Garden was bestowed to the Holy Prophet (SAW) as: (a) Fay (b) Booty (c ) Gift (d) Loan (e) None of these
(vii) Quba Mosque has been mentioned in: (a) Surah Al Taubah (b) Surah Anfal (c ) Surah Dhuha (d) Surah Al Muzammil (e) None of these
(viii) The title given to the pioneers of Islam was: (a) Mushahidoon Al Awwalun (b) Muslimoon Al Awwalun (c ) Assabiqqon Al Awwalun (d) Al Awwalun Al Awwalun (e) None of these
(ix) The meaning of Ya Sabahaho is: (a) Good morning (b) Good morning declaration (c ) Oh, morning danger (d) Wishing good morning (e) None of these
(x) The master of Bilal (MABPH) during embracing Islam was: (a) Abu Jahal (b) Ummayia bin Harb (c ) Ummayia bin Khalaf (d) Oqabah bin abi al Mueet (e) None of these
(xi) Splitting of the moon was occured in: (a) Arafat (b) Mina (c ) Muzdalfa (d) Haram e Pak (e) None of these
(xii) The Ifk event is described in the Qur’an in: (a) Surah Baqarah (b) Surah Taubah (c ) Surah Noor (d) Surah Yaseen (e) None of these
(xiii) The Prophet’s stamp comprises of these words: (a) Allah Rasool Muhammad (b) Muhammad Rasool Allah (c ) Rasool Muhammad Allah (d) Rasool Allah Muhammad (e) None of these
(xiv) The heads of Zakat are: (a) Eight (b) Nine (c ) Seven (d) Five (e) None of these
(xv) Mauwazatain means: (a) A collection of Ahadith (b) Two specific Surahs of Quran (c ) A book of Jaffariah Fiqh (d) A book of Hanafi Fiqh (e) None of these
(xvi) Ozza was the name of: (a) A specific goddess of Quraish (b) Honour and respect (c ) Name of a tree (d) Name of a snake (e) None of these
(xvii) Lea’an is: (a) A clause of Islamic Law (b) To receive a reward (c ) A term of trade (d) To bargain (e) None of these
(xviii) Ashabus Sabt means: (a) Jews (b) Christians (c ) Muslims (d) Sabieen (e) None of these
(xix) The numbers of famous months are: (a) Four (b) Six (c ) Seven (d) Two (e) None of these
(xx) Jabal e Noor is situated in: (a) Arafat (b) Ghar e Hira (c ) Ghar e Saur (d) Jabal Uhud (e) None of these
- Note: (i) Part II is to be attempted on separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt only four questions from Part II. All questions carry Equal Marks.
- (iii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
- Q.2 . Differentiate between the Din and Religion. State the important points of Co-existence among Islam and world religions in the present scenario. (16)
- Q.3 . The most important issue of humanity is the recognition of the role and privileges of man. Discuss how Islam may play a role in this regard in today’s scenario. (16)
- Q.4 . Starting traditional and rational arguments about faith of Resurrection, discuss the role of the faith in establishing an organized society. (16)
- Q.5 . Describing the importance of Ethical values in Islam, write a comparative note on Islamic morality code and Western code. (16)
- Q.6 . Keeping in view today’s international Political System, can Shariah be adjusted in the Islamic societies? (16)
- Q.7 . In the light of Islamic teachings, Faith and Ethics are closely united, in spite of that Islamic societies are in order. Discuss. (16)
- Q.8 . Keeping in view the requirement of Global Society, determine the freedom and limitations of a Muslim Woman in the light of Islamic teachings. (16)
- Q.9 . In the Globalization area, what role Muslim Ummah can play being custodian of Revealed Knowledge to resolve the complex problems of human kind. (16)