KPK Public Service Commission, Peshawar
Competitive Examination for Provincial Management Service, 2010
Paper: General Knowledge III (Pakistan Affairs)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note i) Attempt ONLY FIVE questions in all, including Question No. 1 which is COMPULSORY.
ii) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
iii) Candidate must draw two straight lines ( === ) at the end to separate each question attempted in the answer book.
Q.1 Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
1) All India Muslim League was established on: a. 23 March 1905 at Calcutta b. 30 December 1905 at Dhaka c. 30 December 1906 at Dhaka d. 30 December 1906 at Lucknow
2) In 1905: a. The Partition of Bengal took place. b. Quaid-i-Azam joined politics. c. Quaid-i-Azam joined Muslim League. d. The Partition of Bengal and Punjab took place.
3) The Indian Councils Act of 1909 is also known as: a. Simla Deputation b. Act of Essential Reforms c. Montague-Chelmsford Reforms d. Morley-Minto Reforms
4) Following the signing of the Lucknow Pact, Quaid-i-Azam was given the title of a. The Quaid-i-Azam b. The Sole Spokesman c. The Champion of Hindu-Muslim Unity d. The Ambassador of Hindu-Muslim Unity
5) In 1919, there was formed: a. The Hindu-Muslim Unity Board b. The Khilafat Committee c. The Khilafat Trust d. The Organization of the Restoration of Khilafat in Turkey
6) Delhi Muslim Proposals asked for: a. Partition of Punjab and Bengal b. Partition of Punjab c. Separation of Sindh from Bombay d. Status quo regarding Sindh
7) Allama lqbal gave his historic address at: a. Delhi in 1927 b. Lucknow in 1930 c. Delhi in.1930 d. Allahabad in 1930.
8) Constituent Assembly was dissolved by Governor General Ghulam Mohammad in the year: a. 1949 b. 1952 c. 1954 d. 1955
9) In 1966, was signed the: a. Liaquat-Nehru Pact b. Water Accord c. Simla Agreement d. Tashkent Agreement
10) The last governor general of Pakistan was: a. Iskandar Mirza b. Ghulam Mohammad c. Khwaja Nazimuddin d. Chaudhari Mohammad All
11) Just before the imposition of Martial Law in 1958, the prime minister of Pakistan was: a. Hussain Shaheed Suhrawardy b. Feroz Khan Noon c. I. I. Chundrigar d. Chaudhri Muhammad Ali
12) Myth of independence was written by: a. Liaquat All Khan b. Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto c. Benazir Bhutto d. Victoria Schoefield
13) What is NFC?
14) What does CCI stand for?
15) What is WTO?
16) What CENTO means?
17) What is SAARC?
18) Which constitution of Pakistan provided a bicameral legislature? a. The interim constitution based on 1935 Act b. 1956 constitution c. 1962 constitution d. 1973 constitution
19) The Eighth Amendment was incorporated in 1973 constitution in: a. 1974 b. 1979 c. 1985 d. 1997
20) The Eighteenth Constitutional Amendment restored the: a. parliamentary system b. presidential system c. unitary system d. concurrent legislative list
Discuss the role of Sufis in creating harmony among Indian people.
What role the Educational Reforms Movements of Aligarh and Islamia College, Peshawar played in the uplift of the Indian Muslims?
Discuss the early problems faced by Pakistan soon after getting Independence?
Discuss the powers and functions of the Prime Minister and President in the Constitution of Pakistan.
Why Pakistan has remained an economically under-developed country? Discuss with reference to the major economic problems of the country.
Pakistan has always been a culturally plural society. Discuss Pakistan’s cultural diversity, and the factors which facilitate unity in the country.
Discuss Pakistan’s relations with US and assess to what extent they have been beneficial for Pakistan.