Psychology CSS Paper II 2005
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN B.P.S. – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2005
Psychology, Paper II
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 100
Note: Attempt Five questions in all, including question No. 8 which is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks.
- Highlight and describe the Developmental irregularities during prenatal period of development and their probable causes.
During early childhood significant Emotional Development begins to manifest. Describe the characteristics pattern of development.
Describe the potential, sources of information on which Reliable Clinical Diagnosis can be based.
Comment on mental retardation and describe as to what best can be done to cope with? Discuss.
What is implied by Maladjustment? Can increasing rate of crime be attributed to this factor alone? Discuss.
Briefly describe the distinguishing features of each of the following.
(i) Psychoneurotic disorder (ii) Psychosis (iii) Psychosomatic disorder (iv) Character disorder
What in your opinion, needs to be looked into by an industrial psychologist to ensure the smooth functioning of an industrial organization? Discuss.
- Write only the correct answer in your Answer Book. Don’t reproduce the questions.
1) Studies on maturation and learning have indicated:
a) That environmental stimulation may effect growth b) That some factor may affect normal development c) That the two follow independent course d) Both (a) and (b) above e) None of these
2) The over-all bodily and mental curves for man:
a) Diverge at the age of puberty b) Run parallel course c) Show a drop at the age of puberty d) Both (b) and (c) e) None of these
3) Psychosomatic disorders are best illustrated by:
a) Asthma caused by anxiety b) Neurotic anxiety c) Depression caused by tuberculosis d) Over-eating e) None of these
4) Which one of the following is not listed as classification of psychoneurosis?
a) Phobic reactions b) Conversion reactions c) Delusional reactions d) Neurasthenic reactions e) None of these
5) So-called “functional” and “organic” psychoses are:
a) Really both functional in origin b) Really both organic in origin c) Clearly differentiated as to the origin d) Not clearly distinguishable e) None of these
6) Psychodrama is one of the psychotherapeutic techniques which basically involve situations representing:
a) Ego blocking b) Superego blocking c) Primary ego d) All of the above e) None of these
7) Psychodynamic therapist believes that maladaptive behavior stems from:
a) Emotional trauma experienced in childhood b) A failure to live up to one’s full potential c) Disturbed thought patterns d) Inappropriate learning patterns e) None of these
8) The semantic differential scale is used mainly to measure:
a) Values b) Opinions c) Attitudes d) Interests e) None of these
9) While selecting a psychological test for personnel selection, main concern regarding the test is:
a) Cost b) Ease of administration c) Validity d) Objectively e) None of these
10) The concept of introversion and extroversion was advanced by:
a) Spranger b) Jung c) Kretchmer d) Jeansch e) None of these
11) Emergency reactions refer to:
a) Individual’s attempt to cope with an emergency b) Bodily changes accompanying emotions of anger and fear c) Feeling of startle when suddenly stimulated d) Ways that the individual seeks to achieve emotional control e) None of these
12) Studies show that an “authoritarian” family tends to produce an adolescent who is:
a) Dependent and obedient b) Independent but reserved c) Surface-compliant but rebellious underneath d) Self reliant e) None of these
13) The non-directive approach characterizes:
a) Psychoanalysis b) Behavior modification c) Client-centered therapy d) Hypnosis e) None of these
14) Child-rearing practices in Pakistan
a) Differ little from those in other countries b) Differ from one social class to another c) Have changed very little over past 50 years d) Are now pretty much the same from one social class to the next e) None of the above observation is correct
15) In Maslow’s theory of personality the main concept is that of:
a) Functional autonomy b) Acquired drives c) Interpersonal relations d) Self-actualization e) None of these
16) According to Erikson’s theory, the struggle during adolescence is:
a) Intimacy vs. isolation b) Initiative vs. guilt c) Identity vs. confusion d) Competence vs. inferiority e) None of these
17) According to clinical psychologists unconscious is:
a) A construct b) A place c) A thing d) An observation e) None of these
18) Disagreeing with Freud, Erickson emphasized more on:
a) Conflict b) Racial memory c) Adulthood d) Early habits e) None of these
19) The prototype of the modern intelligence test for children was developed by:
a) Terman b) Wechsler c) Binet d) Stanford e) None of these
20) In Thurston’s method of attitude scaling, the key factor is the use of:
a) Numbers b) Judges c) Reinforcement d) Positive and negative items e) None of these
6 thoughts on “Psychology CSS Paper II 2005”
333710 114992Hello, Neat post. There is really a difficulty together with your website in internet explorer, could test thisK IE nonetheless will be the marketplace leader and a large portion of individuals will leave out your superb writing due to this problem. 233546
107262 343931There couple of fascinating points at some point in this posting but I dont determine if these folks center to heart. There is some validity but Let me take hold opinion until I check into it further. Fantastic write-up , thanks and then we want more! Combined with FeedBurner in addition 389786
267921 353129Man you legend. return see my website, you must get pleasure from it. 132977
936256 514281Why didnt I think about this? I hear exactly what youre saying and Im so pleased that I came across your blog. You actually know what youre talking about, and you created me feel like I really should learn a lot more about this. Thanks for this; Im officially a huge fan of your blog 38718
936932 395749A thoughtful insight and suggestions I will use on my weblog. Youve clearly spent lots of time on this. Thank you! 20523
Howdy! I realize this is somewhat off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established blog such as yours require a massive
amount work? I’m brand new to blogging but I do write in my diary everyday.
I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to
share my personal experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you
have any kind of ideas or tips for new aspiring blog owners.