Zoology CSS Paper I 2001
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2001.
ZOOLOGY, PAPER – I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No. 7 which is COMPULSORY. Select at least TWO QUESTIONS from each of the SECTIONS ‘A’ AND ‘B’. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (a) Briefly describe four different methods of ASEXUAL REPRODUCTION met in the PROTOZOA. (7)
(b) Give a brief account of different types of species found in PORIFERA. (7)
(c) Define POLYMORPHISM. Discuss the phenomenon with reference to order SIPHONOPHORA (COELENTERATA). (6)
(a) Write a short essay on affinities of CTENOPHORA. (6)
(b) Discuss the general adaptation of parasitic mode of life with special reference to phylum PLATYHELMINTHES. (7)
(c) Give an account of two broad types of NEPHRIDIA found in POLYCHAETA. (7)
(a) Define METAMORPHOSIS and discuss the phenomenon with reference to INSECTS. (7)
(b) Write a short essay on TORSION in GASTROPODS. (7)
(c) Discuss REGENERATION with special reference to ECHINODERMS. (6)
- (a) Discuss the possible origin of the CHORDATES. (7)
(b) Give a brief account of the evolutionary changes in HEART in different classes of CHORDATES. (7)
(c) Write a short note on anatomy of the MAMMALIAN KIDNEY. (6)
(a) Describe the two basic types of CLEAVAGE with reference to CHORDATES. (7)
(b) Write an essay on PLACENTATION IN MAMMALS. (6)
(c) Develop an outline on adaptation of FLIGHT IN BIRDS. (7)
Write short notes on the following: (20)
(a) CAUDAL FINS IN FISH (b) NOTOCHORD (c) VIVIPARITY (d) FEATHERS IN BIRDS
- Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the questions.
(A) Which of the four options make the following statement correct? On your answer books just write the question number and one of the serial alphabets.
(1) Insects are characterized by:
(a) 3 pairs of legs (b) Two pairs of antennae (c) Wings on body (d) Large sized eggs (e) None of these
(2) Body is metamerically segmented in:
(a) Porifera (b) Annelida (c) Coelenterata (d) None of these
(3) Which of the following arthropod are totally aquatic?
(a) Crustaceans (b) Insects (c) Millipedes (d) None of these
(4) Dorsal tubular nerve cord is characteristic of:
(a) Some chordates (b) Some non chordates (c) All non chordates (d) All chordates (e) None of these
(5) Opposable thumbs are characteristic feature of:
(a) Lagomorpha (b) Primates (c) Edentata (d) None of these
(6) Differences in the scales of fishes and reptiles lies in their being:
(a) Endodermal and dry (b) Epidermal and dry (c) Epidermal and wet (d) Endodermal and wet (e) None of these
(7) Which of the following has oxygenated blood?
(a) Renal veins (b) Pulmonary veins (c) Pulmonary artery (d) Hepatic portal veins (e) None of these
(8) Scapula is the bone of:
(a) Skull (b) Pelvic girdle (c) Pectoral girdle (d) Vertebral column (e) None of these
(9) All the digestive are formed in vertebrates by:
(a) Ectoderm only (b) Endoderm only (c) Mesoderm only (d) None of these
(10) Ammonia is chief excretory product in
(a) Reptiles (b) Turtles (c) Mammals (d) Fish (e) None of these
(B) Check which of the following statements are true or false. On your answer sheets just write the question number and T or F.
(11) Coelme is lined by ectodermal epithelium
(12) Non-chordates are dissected from dorsal side.
(13) All snakes are poisonous.
(14) Mouth in sharks is located on anterior side.
(15) Frogs have 3 cervical vertebrae.
(16) Contractile vacuole in protozoa is basically an excretory organ.
(17) Nerve cord in chordates is Endodermal in origin.
(18) Whale is the largest mammals living in sea.
(19) Both male and female mosquitoes bite and carry parasites.
(20) The gemmules are produced in coelenterates.
10 thoughts on “Zoology CSS Paper I 2001”
538242 683621There is noticeably a great deal to realize about this. I suppose you made certain nice points in attributes also. 611497
902314 323191I like you blog (dsol, je suis francais, je parle mal anglais) 670911
239466 610201There is noticeably a bundle comprehend this. I suppose you produced specific good points in functions also. 950727
125822 82821But wanna admit that this is really beneficial , Thanks for taking your time to write this. 495056
980541 887474Can anyone help me out? It will be considerably appreciated. 401721
634506 372440You may locate effective specific development of any L . a . Weight loss program and each and every youre incredibly crucial. To begin with level is an natural misplacing during the too considerably weight. lose belly fat 876503
58846 818127My wife style of bogus body art were being quite unsafe. Mother worked with gun 1st, soon after which they your lover snuck free upon an tattoo ink ink. I was positive the fact just about every really should not be epidermal, due towards the tattoo ink could be attracted from the entire body. make an own temporary tattoo 763305
Hi I am so excited I found your webpage, I really found you by
accident, while I was looking on Bing for something else, Anyhow
I am here now and would just like to say
kudos for a tremendous post and a all round enjoyable blog
(I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
read it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back
to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.
Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it.
Look advanced to more added agreeable from
you! However, how could we communicate?
There is certainly a lot to learn about this topic. I really like all of
the points you have made.