European History CSS Paper II 2000
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2000.
EUROPEAN HISTORY, PAPER – II
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS – MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No.8 which is Compulsory; All questions carry equal marks.
- Examine the effects of the First World War on the economy of Europe.
Evaluate the achievements of Communism in Russia from 1917 to 1939. To what extent were the hopes of the Russian People fulfilled?
What were the causes of the failure of the British Government to solve the economic crisis after the First World War?
What is Fascism? Discuss Mussolini as opportunist Dictator of Italy.
Discuss the circumstances under which Hitler seized the power of Germany. What were the causes of his failure in Second World War.
What is Cold War? Give an account of its effects on the relations of the two super powers.
Discuss the French Foreign Policy from 1945 – 1960.
- Write only the correct answers in the Answer Book. Don’t reproduce the questions.
(1) The treaty signed between the Allied forces and Austria was:
(a) The Treaty of Versailles (b) The treaty of St.Germain (c) The Treaty of Neuilly.
(2) Who was appointed as Chairman of Revolutionary War Council by Lenin in 1918.
(a) Stalin (b) Trotsky (c) Kerensky
(3) The Fort of Verdun is situated in:
(a) Belgium (b) Germany. (c) France
(4) The Battle of Somme was ,fought. in:
(a)1914 (b) 1915 (c) 1916
(5) Foch was a:
(a) French Commander (b) German Minister (c) Russian Politician
(6) The Treaty of Trianon was signed in:
(a) 1919 (b) 1920 (c) 1921
(7) Clemenceau became the Prime Minister of France in:
(a) 1917 (b) 1918 (c) 1919
(8) Pichon was a:
(a} British Commander (b) Italian War Minister (c) French Foreign Minister
(9) Great Game, now forever discredited”. These words were spoken at Paris Conference by:
(a) Clemenceau (b) Wilson (c) Orlando
(10) The Weimar Republic fell in:
(a) 1931 (b) 1933 (c) 1935
(11) The ship ‘Athenia’ sunk by German Torpedo. in. 1939 belonged to:
(a) France (b) Italy (c) Britain
(12) Blitzkrieg was :
(a) An Italian War Operation (b) French war tactics (c) . German War technique
(13) The Bold Proposal that Britain and France should become ~.one country was put-forward in 1940 by:
(a) Churchill (b) Petain (c) Paul Reynaud
(14) The judicial Organ of the League of Nations was called:
(a) International Court of Justice (b) United International Court of Justice (c) Permanent International Court of Justice
(15) Graf Spree was a small battleship used by:
(a) Italy (b) Japan (c) Germany
(16) The author of the book “Europe in the Twentieth Century” is:
(a) D. Thompson (b) Agatha Ramm (c)Stuart. T. Miller
(17) “Russian Peoples.’ worst misfortune was his (Lenin’s) birth; their next worse- his death” This was stated by:
(a) De Gaulle: (b) Churchill (c) Wilson
(18) Japan attacked the American fleet at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii On:
(a) 7th December 1941 (b) 17th December 1941 (c) 27th December 194I
(19) Yalta Conference took place in:
(a) January 1945 (c) March 1945 (b) February 1945
(20) Greece joined NATO in: –
(a) 1951 (b) 1952 (c) 1953
11 thoughts on “European History CSS Paper II 2000”
456882 920748Have read a couple of of the articles on your web site now, and I genuinely like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites weblog website list and will probably be checking back soon. 362214
707579 955037Pretty part of content material. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get really loved account your weblog posts. Any way Ill be subscribing on your feeds or even I success you access constantly quickly. 453857
451161 745543What other people have stated and in some uncommon cases, suicide may well occur. 339473
855415 655799I like this site really significantly so significantly superb info . 273266
507723 535672This internet internet site is my breathing in, quite excellent pattern and perfect content material . 523852
457690 694540Thank you for your very very good info and respond to you. I need to verify with you here. Which isnt 1 thing I often do! I get pleasure from reading a publish that can make people believe. Moreover, thanks for allowing me to remark! 369014
347439 792805Excellently written article, doubts all bloggers offered exactly the same content material because you, the internet can be a greater place. Please keep it up! 678949
10905 848630Thanks for the info provided! I was discovering for this info for a long time, but I wasnt able to find a reliable source. 83975
480136 955531Extremely fascinating details!Perfect just what I was seeking for! 664359
295093 151291This internet internet page is genuinely a walk-through for all of the information you wanted about this and didnt know who to ask. Glimpse here, and you will surely discover it. 681014
450743 384154As I internet internet site possessor I believe the content matter here is rattling fantastic , appreciate it for your efforts. You should maintain it up forever! Excellent Luck. 987151