European History CSS Paper I 2002
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2002.
EUROPEAN HISTORY, PAPER – I
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No. 8 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
- Discuss the developments in France from 1791 to 1793 with particular regard to the Legislative Assembly, foreign War and the National Convention.
Discuss the Continental system in theory and practice, including its effects on Great Britain, the Continent and neutral nations. Was it a success or failure and why?
Analyze the Congress of Vienna, its purposes territorial settlement and major participants. Assess the Congress in terms of its success and failures.
Why were the liberal revolutionaries of 1848 defeated? What effect did these revolutions have on European Conservatives, liberals and nationalists?
Assess the potential strengths and weaknesses of Marx’ Socialist Philosophy.
Trace the growth and development of the alliance system in Europe from 1871 to 1914.
Write short notes on any Two of the following:
(i) The pattern of British expansion in South Asia (ii) Marx’s dialectical materialism (iii) The Franco – Prussian War (iv) The Crimean War
- Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the questions.
(A)Identify the following in short statements:
(1) Industrial revolution (2) The American Revolution (3) The French Revolution (4) The Russian Revolution (5) The Revolution of 1830 (6) The Revolution of 1848
(B)Fill in the blanks:
(2) Napoleon was born in _________ at _________.
(3) The Bourbon regime restored in _________ in _________.
(4) Bismarck came to power in Prussia in _________ and Resigned in _________.
(C)Who made the following statements:
(5) “Mr. Livingstone I presume.”
(6) “Workers of the World Unite. You will lose nothing except your chain.”
(7) “I do not agree with what you say but till my death I would defeat your right to say it.”
(8) “O’ Liberty! What Crimes are committed in thy time.”
(D)Who wrote the following books:
(9) A history of Modern World
(10) A history of Modern France
(11) Europe since Napoleon
(12) International Relations between the Two World Wars.
6 thoughts on “European History CSS Paper I 2002”
430105 290011You got a really amazing web site, Sword lily I observed it by means of yahoo. 26991
472428 467261Hmm is anyone else encountering troubles with the pictures on this weblog loading? Im trying to figure out if its a dilemma on my finish or if its the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated. 955969
543274 219492Wonderful post, thanks so a lot for sharing. Do you happen to have an RSS feed I can subscribe to? 392171
525867 716741so considerably great information on here, : D. 213396
784261 989223I like this internet internet site because so a lot utile stuff on here : D. 424621
490579 935407when i was a kid, i enjoy to receive an assortment of birthday presents like teddy bears and mechanical toys, 274726