European History CSS Paper II 2002
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2002.
EUROPEAN HISTORY, PAPER – II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No. 8 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
- Evaluate the underlying causes of the First World War, assessing the significance of imperialism, militarism, the alliance system, industrial and technological advances and the relationship between these factors.
Assess Wilson’s Fourteen Points, their provisions and purposes and discuss how they might relate to the problems faced by the allies in late 1918.
Describe the trouble between Japan and China (1931 – 1939)
Compare Bolshevism and Fascism in Origin, principles and achievements.
Discuss the principles and rise of Nazism in Germany.
Discuss in detail the Soviet policy of expansion in Eastern Europe till 1960
Discuss England’s Colonial Policy after the Second World War and its decline as World Power till 1960.
8. Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the questions.
(1) What was the duration of the First World War?
(a) 1914 – 1917 (b) 1914 – 1918 (c) 1914 – 1919 (d) None of these
(2) At the Paris Peace Conference of 1919
(a) Clemenceau was the representative of France (b) Wilson was the representative of UK (c) Lloyd George was the representative of USA (d) None of these
(3) The Treaty between the Allies and Turkey after the World War was called:
(a) The Treaty of Versailles (b) The Treaty of Lausanne (c) The Treaty of St. Germain (d) None of these
(4) Great Britain declared war against Germany in 1939 because Germany had attacked:
(a) France (b) Poland (c) Austria (d) None of these
(5) The Marshall Plan was announced in:
(a) June, 1947 (b) April, 1947 (c) September, 1945 (d) None of these
(6) The Social Democratic Party in Russia came to be divided into following tow Sections. Which of these was headed by Lenin?
(a) Bolsheviks (b) Mensheviks (c) None of these
(7) Under Lenin, who raised the Red Army in Russia and was appointed as Commander of War?
(a) Stalin (b) Trotsky (c) Kerensky (d) None of these
(8) Which British Prime Minister confronted problems after the Suez Crisis of 1956:
(a) Anthony Eden (b) Harold Macanillan (c) Clement Attlee (d) None of these
(9) Mustafa Kamal Ataturk was President of Turkey for:
(a) Eight years (b) Twelve years (c) Sixteen years (d) None of these
(10) Fascism rose in Italy:
(a) Before World War I (b) During World War I (c) After World War I (d) None of these
(11) What is the name of the book written by Hitler while he was in prison giving an account of his life and political ideas?
(12) What was the year when Germany withdrew from the League of Nations?
(a) 1933 (b) 1935 (c) 1936 (d) None of these
(13) In which of the following year the Second World War started?
(a) 1938 (b) 1939 (c) 1940 (d) None of these
(14) In which of the following year the Second World War came to an end?
(a) 1944 (b) 1945 (c) 1946 (d) None of these
(15) The Atlantic Charter of 1941 was drawn up between the leaders of which of the following countries?
(a) UK – France (b) UK – USSR (c) UK – USA (d) None of these
(16) The Unites States of America entered the Second World War in:
(a) 1941 (b) 1942 (c) 1939 (d) None of these
(17) Name the first Three Secretary Generals of the United States.
(18) Black Hand was
(a) Another name for Gestapo (b) Marshal Joffre (c) An off-shoot of Ku-Klux-Klan (d) None of these
(19) “Tiger of France” was the epithet given to:
(a) Clemenceau (b) Marshall Joffre (c) de – Gaulle (d) None of these
(20) Name the “Big Four” leaders who attended the Munich Conference held in 1938.
7 thoughts on “European History CSS Paper II 2002”
722889 414605I as effectively conceive so , perfectly indited post! . 118972
may also be nice article. I have now left the rat race, never to seem back. You’re proper that the one method to make any first rate money is by means of running your individual enterprise!
576005 210610Hi there! Someone in my Myspace group shared this site with us so I came to give it a look. Im definitely loving the data. Im bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers! Outstanding weblog and fantastic style and style. 895037
690690 141778Some genuinely good stuff on this internet site , I it. 491851
849270 416756I enjoy looking by means of and I conceive this internet site got some truly useful stuff on it! . 933473
647071 579053This is a very good weblog. Maintain up all the function. I too enjoy to blog. This really is great every person sharing opinions 367068
37759 693804Right after study some with the weblog posts within your website now, and i genuinely such as your technique for blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and are checking back soon. Pls look into my web web site likewise and make me aware what you consider. 570071