Geography CSS Paper II 2005
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2005.
GEOGRAPHY, PAPER – II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No. 8 which is COMPULSORY. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
- Discuss man-environmental relationship in the light of Physical Determinism and Possibilism.
Give an account of the Petroleum production in Middle East.’ Also throw light on its economic and political importance.
The River basins and Coastal Plains of South Asia are reckoned as one of the densely populated areas of the world. Discuss.
‘Agriculture sector is the linchpin of the economy of South Asia.’ Discuss in detail with special reference to Pakistan.
Give an account of the major industries of South Asia based on Non-Metallic minerals.
Explain the importance of the means of transportation in the development of a region. Also throw light on Pakistan’s transportation Network.
Write short notes on the following:
(a) Strategic importance of Pakistan (b) Gwadar Port (c) International Trade Pattern (d) Environmental and Economic importance of Forests
- Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the questions.
(1) Male is the capital of:
(a) Mali (b) Malawi (c) Maldives (d) None of these
(2) POTWAR Plateau bounded in the east by:
(a) Indus River (b) Salt Range (c) Jhelum River (d) None of these
(3) Baglihar Dam is being built on:
(a) Ravi River (b) Jhelum River (c) Chenab River (d) None of these
(4) Pakistan’s Cotton Production in 2005 is about:
(a) 10 million bales (b) 12.5 million bales (c) 15 million bales (d) None of these
(5) Pakistan’s oil Production and Consumption per day respectively is about:
(a) 65000 barrels – 350000 (b) 50000 barrels – 300000 (c) 75000 barrels – 450000 (d) None of these
(6) The length of River Indus is about:
(a) 2900 Km (b) 2700 Km (c) 2250 Km (d) None of these
(7) The Kishan Ganga Dam is being constructed on one of the tributary of:
(a) Ganger River (b) Sutlej River (c) Chenab River (d) None of these
(8) The length of newly constructed oil pipe line from Baku (Caspian Sea) to Ceyhan (Mediterranean Sea) is about:
(a) 1600 Km (b) 2000 Km (c) 1800 Km (d) None of these
(9) World Trade Organization (WTO) was established on:
(a) 1st January, 1995 (b) 14th January, 1997 (c) 5th January, 1993 (d) None of these
(10) Global exports and imports in 2003 were respectively:
(a) $.44 trillion – $.61 trillion (b) $ 34 trillion – $ 55 trillion (c) $.50 trillion – $.95 trillion (d) None of these
(11) Mount Demavend (5671 M) is in:
(a) Turkey (b) Iran (c) Azerbaijan (d) None of these
(12) Suez canal was constructed in:
(a) 1845 (b) 1869 (c) 1896 (d) None of these
(13) The smallest Islamic country is:
(a) Bahrain (b) Maldives (c) Jordan (d) Qatar (e) None of these
(14) Bishkek is the capital of
(a) Kazakhstan (b) Tajikistan (c) Kyrgyzstan (d) None of these
(15) Islamabad is near the latitude:
(a) 33.5° N (b) 34.5° N (c) 35.5° N (d) None of these
(16) The largest Islamic country by area is:
(a) Algeria (b) Sudan (c) Kazakhstan (d) Saudi Arabia
(d) None of these
(17) According to 1998 census urban population in Pakistan is:
(a) 32.5 % (b) 28.3% (c) 36.5% (d) None of these
(18) Per capita in Pakistan in 2004-05 is:
(a) 652 dollars (b) 736 dollars (c) 763 dollars (d) None of these
(19) Saudi Arabia’s oil resources are about:
(a) 260 billion barrels (b) 225 billion barrels (c) 230 billion barrels (d) None of these
(20) The total number of persons engaged in fisheries in Pakistan during 2002-03 is estimated as:
(a) 365000 (b) 395000 (c) 335000 (d) None of these
8 thoughts on “Geography CSS Paper II 2005”
237977 109796A truly intriguing examine, I might not concur totally, but you do make some really valid points. 566745
706127 545110I conceive this site contains some rattling superb info for every person : D. 210678
960459 421350i just didnt need to have a kindle at first, but when receiving 1 for christmas im utterly converted. It supply genuine advantages over a book, and makes it such a lot additional convenient. i may well undoubtedly advocate this item: 634671
276595 968347I think one of your ads caused my web browser to resize, you may well want to put that on your blacklist. 932065
780662 395459Some genuinely interesting data, nicely written and typically user genial . 329330
389681 545943Im impressed, I ought to say. Genuinely rarely do you encounter a weblog thats both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you might have hit the nail about the head. Your concept is outstanding; ab muscles something that too couple of men and women are speaking intelligently about. Im delighted i identified this in my hunt for something about it. 708462
770029 138874I discovered your weblog website internet web site on the internet and appearance some of your early posts. Continue to keep inside the great operate. I just now additional increase your Rss to my MSN News Reader. Seeking toward reading far a lot more from you discovering out at a later date! 60361
60516 114652really good post, i truly love this web site, maintain on it 237996