FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2004.
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No.8 which is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks.
- The age of isolation is over. The modern states act and behave as member of the international community. Qualify the statement with reference to the following:
(a) Definition and scope of International Relations.
(b) Nature and utility of the subject.
- The economic power determine the superiority and political domination of a country in International System? Discuss.
- Nationalism has been major cause of conflicts. Justify with special reference to the following:
(a) Western concept of Nationalism
(b) Islamic concept
- Evaluate the Sino-Pak nexus in the light of changing geo-politico-economic scenario of the region.
5.OIC has failed to foster Pan Islamic unity and solidarity to meet the challenges faced by the Ummah in a spirit of cooperation and collective action. Indeed it is an important forum that needs complete overhauling/restructuring. Comment and suggest measures to make it effective.
6 .Middle East peace process is in doldrums. Discuss.
(a) Impediments to Middle East peace process
(b) Future prospects and peace efforts.
7.Expfain the following with examples:
(a) Hostile Embargo (b) Balance to Terror
(c) Entente (d) Co-existence
Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
(1) The term nationality is derived from a Latin Word: (a) NATO (b) Nation (c) NATIA (d) None of these
(2) Eleventh SAARC Summit was held in the year: (a) 2000 (b) 2001 (c) 2002 (d) None of these
(3) ECO consists of:
(a) 8 members (b) 9 members (c) 10 members (d) None of these
(4) The littoral states around the Indian Ocean are: (a) 25 (b) 33 (c) 35 (d) None of these
(5) The first atom bomb was used in 1945 by: (a) * The Germany (b) The U.S.A. (c) The USSR (d) None of these
(6), Brown amendment was adopted by the U.S. Senate in the Year:
(a) 1990 (b) 1992 (c) 1995 (d) None of these
(7) Osl^ Agreement was signed in the year: (a) 1990 (b) 1992 (c) 1993 (d) None of these
(8) . Fourth SAEAN Summit was held in:
(a) Singapore . (b) Islamabad (c) Jakarta (d) None of these
(9) Pre-partition India consisted of: (a) 579 Princely states (b) 584 Princely states (c) 590 Princely states (d) None of these
(10) India conducted its 2nd nuclear test after a gap of: (a) 20 Years (b) 24 years (c) 34 years (d) None of these
(11) According to Quincy Write the approaches to the study of international politics are: (a) 18 (b) 21 “(c) 23 (d) None of these
(12) Pattern of political system where center of power are more than two is called: (a) Polycentrlsm (b) Bicentrism (c) Multicentrism (d) None of these
(13) Complete cessation of nuclear testing is the sole aim of: (a) CTBT (b) NPT (c) -FMCT (d) None of these
(14) Turkey falls in: (a) Asia (b) Europe (c) Asia and Europe (d) None of these
(15) Uzbekistan shares common border with: (a) Azerbaijan (b) Dagestan (c) Georgia (d) None of these
(16) Diplomatic relations between Pakistan and Afghanistan were established in: (a) September, 1947 (b) February, 1948 (c) January, 1949 (d) None of these
(17) Dayton Accord was signed to solve the problem of: (a) East Timore (b) Bosnia (c) Kosovo (d) None of these
(18) Ml-5 is the secret agency of: . (a) France (b) Germany (c) U.K. (d) None of these
(19) Pakistan joined N AM in the year: (a) 1978 * (b) 1980 • (c) 1981 (d) None of these
(20) Un Secretary General belongs to: (a) Ghana (b) Uganda (c) ^Uruguay (d) None of these