FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2005.
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Attempt FIVE questions in all, including question No.8 which is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks.
- The relations between the sovereign states of the world are becoming one of the most important aspects of contemporary life. Evaluate with reference to the importance of intenational relations.
International system creates interactions among states through diplomacy, international law, and economic relations. Comments.
How effective arc international organizations in dealing with the global problems. Discuss with particular reference to the UN from 1945 to present.
In the context of its nature, purpose and devices, how does balance of power influence regional systems?
What is nuclear deterrence? Is it an appropriate Policy? What are alternatives to nuclear deterrence?
Will China become an Economic Super Power in 21st century? What should US-Policy be towards the modernization of China?
How would a realist analyze the current problems in International Politics;
(a) Control of Mass destruction weapons; (b) Terrorism; (c) Human rights violations; (d) Politics of environmental protection.
- Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
(1) The treaty of Westphalia established modern nation states system in: (a) 1684 (b) 1648 (c) 1664 (d) None of these
(2) The first world war started on:
(a) 23rd June, 1914 (b) 20th June, 1914 (c) 28th June., 1914 (d) None of these
(3) The treaty of Versailles concluded in:
(a) 1918 (b) 1920
(c) 1919 (d) None of these
(4) The Chinese communist party was founded in:
(a) 1923 ” (b) 1921
(c) 1917 (d) None of these
(5) The second world war started in:
(a) September 1939 (b) October 1939 (c) November 1939 (d) None of these
(6) After 27 years of imprisonment, Mr. Nelson Mandela was released in: (a) 1991 (b) 1990 (c) 1994 (d) None of these
(7) Arab Magrib Union consists of:
(a) Seven States (b) Five States (e) Nine States (d) None of these
(8) The principal organs of United Nations are:
(a) Eight (b) Five
(c) Six (d) None of these
(9) Scandinavia constitutes:
(a) Nine slates (b) Five states (c) Seven stales (d) None of these
(10) The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was proclaimed on:
(a) 21st September 1932 (b) 18th September 1932 (c) 25th September 1932 (d) None of these
(11) Which treaty served as an umbrella for US involvement in Vietnam war: (a) Nato (b) Seato (c) Cento (d) None of these
(12) The Gul f Cooperation Council consists of:
(a) Six states (b) Nine states (c) Seven states (d) None of these
(13) The league of Arab States was established on:
(a) 23rd March, 1943 (b) 26th March, 1944 (c) 22ml March, 1945 (d) None of these
(14) The Common Wealth of Australia came into existence in: (a) 1901 (b) 1911 (c) 1905 (d) None of these
(15) The Balkan Peninsula is located in:
(a) Central Europe (b) South Western Europe (c) South Eastern Europe (d) None of these
(1 6) Karl Mark and Engels presented the Communist Manifesto in: (a) 1845 (b) 1848 (c) 1850 (d) None of these
(17) Soviet Union was replaced by Russian federation in:
(a) October, 1991 (b) January, 1991 (c) December, 1991 (d) None of these
(1 8) “Politics among Nations” was written by:
(a) K. J. Holsti (b) Gavin Boyd (c) Hans J. Morgen thanu (d) None of these
(19) Article 55 of the UN Charter promotes international:
(a) Peace (b) Human Rights (c) Security (d) None of these
(20) The main judicial arm of UN, the 1CJ is located in:
(a) Geneva (b) The Hague (c) Lisbon (d) None of these