FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2003 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ISLAMIC STUDIES
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Attempt 6 questions in all including question number 1 which is compulsory and carries 10 marks. Rest of the questions carry 18 marks each. Answer in English or Urdu.
- Translate the following Surah. (Surah Falaq)
- When and how the revelation Wahee was started? Write in detail which were the first and last ayat? Explain also the reality of Wahee.
3 Define the religion of Islam. Explain the idea and place of humanity in Islam.
- Explain with arguments the self-reformation (Islah e Nafs) and construction of moral according to the need and importance of the faith of the day of judgment(Akhirat).
- Write on a comprehensive essay on the basic sources of law in Islam.
- What is the meaning of the freedom of women in Islam? What are the responsibilities of men and women in the building of character of the new generation? Explain in detail.
- Write down a detailed essay on the importance, necessity and different kinds of Jihad in Islam.
- Explain with arguments the system of Law and Justice of Islam.
- Write down in detail the problems of Ummah in the contemporary world.