Islamic Studies Punjab PMS Syllabus
Islamic Studies (Combination of Both Subjective & Objective)
For Non-Muslim Candidates Ethics (Combination of both Subjective & Objective)
a. Islamic Studies:
(1) Introduction to Islam: Advent of Islam, Fundamentals of Islam, Concepts and their Importance, Deen and its religious impact on individual and society; spiritual, moral and social impact. Basic Beliefs, Amar Bilmaroof and Nahi anil Munkir.
(2) Seerat-un-Nabi: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as a Messenger, Reformer, Administrator, Educator, Diplomat, Statesman, Military Leader etc.
(3) Early Islamic History upto Khulfa-eRashideen
(4) Human Rights in Islam Including Status of Women, Rights of Minorities.
(5) Islam and the World: Impact on the West and vice versa; Role in the modern world; Contemporary challenges for the Muslim world and Muslim minorities in the world.
(6) Islamic Code of Life: Salient features of Islamic socio-political and economic system, the judicial system and administrative system; Ijtihad & its forms.
(7) Ethics for Non-Muslims
(i) Religions of the World-Revealed & Non-Revealed.
(ii) Important Religious Books
(iii) Contribution of Religions in Development of Societies.
(iv) Ethics & Morality.
(v) Human Rights and Obligations.
(vi) The commonality in Religions.
(vii ) Revelation