JOURNALISM & MASS COMMUNICATION
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2013 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20 PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
(i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR question from PART-II. Selecting TWO questions from EACH SECTION. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
(v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
2. Is communication a reciprocal process? Comment in detail.
3. Describe in detail the educational and news functions of journalism.
4. Have newspapers lost their importance after the fast growth of cable television and social media in Pakistan? Comment.
5. Critically analyze the watchdog and lapdog role of public and private TV channels in Pakistan.
6. Public relations manipulates the news. Comment in detail.
7. Describe the social and economic aspects of advertising.
8. Press freedom and responsibility go hand in hand in a democratic society. Comment.
9. Write short notes on the following topics:
(i) Magazine journalism
(ii) Press release
(iv) Non-verbal communication