FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
Time Allowed: 3 Hrs. Max. Marks: 100
Note: Attempt any FIVE questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. “Press is a big force. It can be useful and also harmful at the same time. If used in a correct way it can discharge the obligation of leading and forming a public opinion”. Keeping in view Quaid’s statement, do you think the role of the Pakistani Press has been useful during the last four and a half decades? If not, why?
2. Misreporting and distortion of facts in Mass media is an ugly spot on the clean and transparent face of Journalism. Discuss
3. The emotional flare-up in journalism was actuated by the dynamic and activistic role of four Journalists in the Sub-continent. How and why?
4. Journalism in Pakistan is paving the way for the expansion of knowledge or adding rampancy of ignorance by information, disinformation, and misinformation. Please gauge the state of communication with the argumentative toolbox.
5. Differentiate between representational and presentational codes. Please mention why the human body is called the main Transmitter of presentational code. You should equip your answer with arguments.
6. What is the importance of Message in Communication? Describe the factors which interfere to complicate and distort the message.
7. Describe and explain the three types of Communication: Accidental, Expressive, and Rhetorical.
8. “The reader, listener or viewer frequently feels confused by the barrage of scrambled information and he needs the guidance of the opinion leader to disentangle the skew of information in order to form a second opinion about current happenings”. Discuss.