Pakistan Affairs CSS Paper 1974
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. What is your concept of an Islamic State? To what extent, does the present Constitution of Pakistan ensure the Islamic character of the State?
2. Discuss the role of the Bureaucracy in the moral and material progress of Pakistan.
3. What are the salient features of the educational policy of the present Government? How far has it been a success?
4. Discuss the causes of the inflationary tendency in Pakistan. Do you consider it inevitable?
5. Assess the importance of Pakistan’s relations with China for the Foreign Policy of Pakistan as a whole.
6. Has Family Planning Project been successful in Pakistan” If not, why not, why not?
7. Examine the political and economic consequences of the secession of East Pakistan.
8. Who’s Who/What’s What? (Answer briefly): a) Baba-i-Urdu b) C.R. Formula c) Jaurian d) PL 480 e) Durand Line f) Tarbela Dam g) Tashkent Declaration h) UPI i) Pakistan Hilal-e-Ahmar j) Rann of Kutch