FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that “The Foreign Policy of Pakistan has been the same as it was formulated by the ft t Foreign Minister”? While supporting your reply give at Least three concrete examples from history to prove your point of view.
2. What have been the consequences of devaluation of the Pakistan Rupee on the economic development of Pakistan? Give suggestions to utilise this devaluation in the best interest of the country.
3. Describe the historical events leading to the referendum and inclusion of NWFP in Pakistan.
4. How far has the economic aid been useful in the recipient developing countries of Asia? Give a critical analysis of the problem.
5. What is the basis of the new relationship between Iran and Pakistan? Discuss with reference to the strategy in the Persian Gulf.
6. Give a critical appreciation of Indo-Pakistan relations between 1962 and 1965.
7. Comment on the statement, “The revolution of the 20th Century claims to base itself on Economics, but it is primarily political and ideological”. (Camus)
8. Describe the role of any four of the regional alliances: i) CENTO, ii) European Security Plan, iii) Asian Security Plan, iv) Russian-American Detente, v) R.C.D, vi) Commonwealth Affairs.