FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. In Pakistan, politics has always been dominated not by political parties or institutions. but by individual leaders? Could you give any reasons for that?
2. What do you understand by the Proportional Representation Scheme? How would it facilitate or hamper the process of democratisaton in the country? Discuss.
3. What are the major economic problems confronting Pakistan? What measures do you propose to overcome these?
4. Moral, Social and Economic values in Pakistan have undergone a change as a consequence of the “Dubai Phenomena” or employment opportunities in the Middle East” Do you agree with it?
5. Do you think that Karakoram Highway has ushered in a new era in the Social and Economic life of the people of the Northern Areas? If so. identify and explain the seine of these changes.
6. It has been said that Pakistan would have come into being, even without the leadership of Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah. Would you agree with it?
7. Indus river system is the life-line of Pakistan’s agriculture? Discuss.
8. It is said that in Pakistan Armed Forces are the only integrative force in the country. Would you agree?
9. Geography conditions the foreign policy of a State, this being so, what kind of Foreign Policy do you visualize for Pakistan in the 1980s?
10. Be precise in your answer.
a) What is the main substance of the Simla Agreement?
b) When was One Unit created and when was it dismembered?
c) Where is Durand Line and when was it created?
d) On which rivers the following dams are located? i) Hub Dam ii) Tarbela Dam iii) Warsak Dam iv) Mangla Dam.
e) For the 1970 General Elections, a legal framework order was created. What were its major points?
f) Who was Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar?
g) Can you name any three books of Allama Iqbal?
h) Where did Mr. Jinnah present his famous “Fourteen Points”?
i) What was the main substance of the Rowlatt Act?