FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Without Quaid-i-Azam’s dynamic leadership, the Muslims of South Asia would never have achieved a separate state of their own”. Discuss.
2. It is often said that both the Parliamentary and the Presidential systems have failed in Pakistan. Critically analyse the statement and suggest a suitable political system for Pakistan.
3. Discuss the natural conditions of Northern Areas of Pakistan. How have they been utilized by the people living there?
4. Critically evaluate the origins of the Kashmir dispute.
5. What role would you assign to women in Muslim society? Discuss in the light of Pakistani society.
6. Has bureaucracy played a positive role in the nation-building process in Pakistan?
7. What induced Pakistan to join the South East Asia Treaty Organisation (SEATO) and the Central Treaty Organisation (CENTO) and what forced her to leave these defence alliances?
8. Why is the year 1963 considered to be a milestone in Pakistan-Chinese relations?
9. Highlight the major problems confronting the agriculturist in Pakistan and what measures would you suggest to overcome?
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Liaquat Ali Khan
b) Radcliff Award
c) Husain Shaheed Suharwardy
d) Cash Crops of Pakistan
f) Rann of Kutch War 1965
g) The Menace of Beggars in Pakistan
h) Islamic Foreign Ministers’ Conference (May 1980)
i) Salal Dam Agreement
j) Pakistan Cricket Team’s last tour of India.