FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. What is Islamic interpretation of nation and nationality and how much Pakistani concept of ideology receives strength from it?
2. What was in principle the form of monarchy during the Muslim rule in the sub-continent and how did it differ with the rise of the Mughal power in India?
3. Compare the roles of Aligarh and Deoband institutions in the Muslim awakening in the sub-continent: how far did they differ in their approaches towards the British?
4. What are the determinants of the foreign policy of a country? How lar did they affect the growth and development of the current foreign policy of Pakistan.
5. Trace out the relationship between the Muslim community of India and the people of Afghanistan. Why could this harmony not be maintained after 1947.
6. A nation ought to have certain characteristics. What characteristics in general do you notice as a nation in the people of Pakistan.
7. Give an account of the trade relations between Pakistan and the People’s Republic of China. How far the Chinese economic assistance programme to Pakistan is effective?
8. R.C.D. though purely economic was considered political in international circles. Make an assessment of its performance in the past and its prospects for the future.
9. What are the pre-requisites of “Democracy”. Why has it not made much headway in Pakistan.
10. Write short notes on any three of the following:
i) Ubaidullah Sindhi
ii) Tarbela Dam
iii) Fall of East Pakistan
iv) Afghan Refugees in Pakistan
v) Rupee-Dollar Delink.