FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2007 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART I (MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
Note: (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
PART-I ((MCQ) (COMPULSORY)
Q.1 Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
(1) The first Muslim general entered Victorious in the sub-continent Indo-Pak in the year: (a) 612 AD (b) 712 AD (c ) 812 AD (d) None of these
(2) On the execution of Muhammad Bin Qasim, the rule of Caliph ended and Arab princes in Mansura (Sindh) and Multan (Punjab) established their independent dynasties in Sub-continent
in the year: (a) 861 AD (b) 871 AD (c ) 881 AD (d) None of these
(3) Who became the first Sultan of newly established Muslim Sultanate of Delhi in 1207: (a) Shahabudin Ghuri (b) Qatub-din Aibek (c ) Zaheer-u-din Babar (d) None of these
(4) Who has written the book entitled “The Making of Pakistan” (a) Qurashi I.H. (b) Muhammad Ali Ch. (c ) Waheed-uz-Zaman (d) None of these
(5) Who was first appointed Nazim of Nadva-ul-ulema in 1883: (a) Maulana Shibli (b) Maulvi Abdul Ghafoor (c ) Maulana Syed Muhammad Ali (d) None of these
(6) Pakistan’s ideology is based on the ideals of: (a) Democracy (b) Theocracy (c ) Islam (d) None of these
(7) Quaid-e-Azam called Islam “Our bedrock and sheet anchor” while addressing: (a) Punjab Students Federation (b) Muslim Students Peshawar (c ) Indian Muslims (d) None of these
(8) The resolution for formation of All-Indian Muslim League was passed at the meeting of All India Educational Conference (1906) and was moved by: (a) Nawab Viqar ul Mulk (b) Nawab Mohsin ul Mulk (c ) Nawab Salim ullah (d) None of these
(9) The demand of separate electorate for Indian Muslims was first accepted in the Act of: (a) 1909 (b) 1919 (c ) 1935 (d) None ofthese
(10) The provincial governments of Con~ss resigned and All-India Muslim League as a mark of relief observed the “Day of Deliverance” on: (a) 22 Oct. 1939 (b) 22 Nov. 1939 (c ) 22 Dec. 1939 (d) None of these
(11) The Lahore Resolution was amended and Pakistan was made an integral part of League’s objective. The amendment was made in the Annual session (1941) of All India Muslim League,
which was held at: (a) Karachi (b) Lahore (b) Madras (d) None of these
(12) Radcliffe Commission submitted its formula for the division of India in to two countries to Lord Mountbatton on: (a) 9 August 1947 (b) 19 August 1947 (c ) 29 August 1947 (d) None ofthese
(13) Ch. Rahmat Ali, the architec\.ofthe name ofthe Pakistan, died on: (a) Feb. 2, 1951 (b) Feb. 12,1951 (c ) Feb. 22,1951 (d) None of these
(14) Liaquat Ali Khan, the first Prime Minister of Pakistan, while addressing a meeting at Rawalpindi was assassinated on: (a) Oct 6, 1951 (b) Oct 16, 1951 (c ) Oct. 26, 1951 (d) None of these
(15) The Legal Frame Work Order, which amended a constitution of Pakistan unilaterally was issued by: (a) Yahya Khan (b) Ayub Khan (c ) Zia-ul-Haq (d) None of these
(16) The country, which supported the Pakistan Movement before the emergence of Pakistan: (a) Iran (b) Indonesia (c ) Saudi Arabia (d) None of these
(17) Durand Line, which divides the borders of Pakistan and Afghanistan is as long as: (a) 2252 Km (b) 2262 Km (c ) 2272 Km (d) None of these
(18) Which mountain range is located between China and Pakistan: (a) Siwaliks (b) Hindu Kush Range (c ) Great Himalayas (d) None of these
(19) What is the total area of Pakistan in Square Kilometers: (a) 695095 (b) 795095 (c ) 796096 (d) None of these
(20) The Regional Cooperation for Development (RCD) was established among Pakistan, Iran and Turkey in 1964 and was annulled in: (a) 1969 (b) 1979 (c ) 1989 (d) None of these
Q.2. Critically evaluate the contribution made by missionaries in the growth of Muslim society in the Sub-continent of Indo-Pak.
Q.3. The Deoband School stood for “definite religio- political goals with limited sphere of influence.” Discuss.
Q.4. Elucidate Ideology of Pakistan. What are the reasons which contributed for the development of two-nation-theory? Is two-nation-theory relevant after the fall of Dacca? Discuss.
Q.5 Minto Morely Reform was a “tool of change” in the political system of India. Discuss it with special reference to the demands. of Simla Deputation.
Q.6. Local government system under the “Devolution of Power Plan 2001” has miserably failed in delivering service to the masses. Discuss.
Q.7. “Pakistan is a federation in form and unitary in spirit.” Discuss it keeping in view the strengths and weakness of Federation of Pakistan.