Pakistan Affairs CSS Paper 2006
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-2006 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
PART I (MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
PART I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
PART II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
Note: (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
(ii) Attempt ONLY FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
(iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
(iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q. Paper.
(v) No page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
(vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
PART-I ((MCQ) (COMPULSORY)
Q.1 Select the best option/Answer and fill in the appropriate Box on the Answer Sheet. (20)
1. From 1858 upto about 1870 nearly all British Politicians, authors blamed the Muslims for: a. Disloyalty b. Independence c. Leadership d. None of these
2. Indo-Muslim culture in details is overwhelmingly: a. Central Asian b. Arabian c. Iranian d. None of these
3. “The Millat and Menace of Indianism” is written by: a. Muhammad Ali b. Ch. Rehmat Ali c. Shaukat Ali d. None of these
4. Indian Khilafat Deputation visited England to put their views before LIyod George in: a. 1940 b. 1930 c. 1920 d. None of these
5. The Lucknow Pact was conceived by: a. Lord Chemsford b. John Simon c. Edward Cadogan d. None of these
6. Sir Sikandar Hayat Khan was leader of: a. Muslim League b. Unionist Party c. Congress d. None of these
7. In 1917 Kheiri Brothers suggested a plan of partition of India in conference of the Socialist International held in: a. London b. Oslo c. Stockholm d. None of these
8. In 1928 Agha Khan III advocated independence of each province at the meeting of All parties convention in: a. Patna b. Hyderabad c. Calcutta d. None of these
9. Founder of Pakistan M.A. Jinnah declared unequivocally that “it is impossible to work a democratic parliamentary government in India” in press interview given to: a. The Hindustan Times b. Manchester Guardian c. The Financial Times d. None of these
10. Kazi Saeed-ud-Din Ahmad, an Aligarh geographer clearly demarcated areas to substantiate the two nation theory were in all: a. Four b. Six c. Eight d. None of these
11. On 7th August, Muhammad Ali Jinnah left India for the last time and flew to: a. Quetta b. Lahore c. Karachi d. None of these
12. Junagadh was a small maritime sate and had an area of: a. 4500 Sq Km b. 9000 Sq Km c. 10000 Sq Km d. None of these
13. Tethys’s deposits finally turned to be: a. Western Ghats b. Himalayas c. Karakoram d. None of these
14. The Salt Range lies in the large accumulation of pure salt at Khewra and: a. Attock b. Jhelum c. Kalabagh d. None of these
15. Land holdings in Pakistan are characterized by: a. Huge farms b. Very big farms c. Large farms d. None of these
16. The Pakistan Forest Institute, a national organization was established in: a. 1957 b. 1947 c.1967 d. None of these
17. Relics of stone tools found in caves and terraces that date back to Pleistocene period have been discovered in: a. Sind b. Punjab c. Balochistan d. None of these
18. National Highway Authority receipts to the tune of 1850 million rupees have been reported by May: a. 2002 b. 2003 c. 2004 d. None of these
19. Recent earthquake of October, 2005 was result of: a. Volcanic activity b. Tectonic dislocation c. Severe flooding d. None of these
20. Pakistan foreign policy is the safe-guarding of its sovereignty, security and: a. International Relations b. External Trade c. Territorial integrity d. None of these
Q2. Describe the most notable feature of Muslims in India in the light of their monothestic religion and egalitarian social structure.
Q3. Discuss the role of Muslim Majority provinces in the establishment of Pakistan.
Q4. Assess the account for the problems which Quaid-e-Azam had to face as Governer General of Pakistan.
Q5. Highlight the various characteristics of Pakistani culture. bring out the importance of customs and traditions in the society.
Q6. Summarize the government measures to improve the agricultural productivity in the light of introducing new irrigation projects
Q7. Describe the distribution of Iron and Steel industry of Pakistan. Evaluate its role in the industrial development of the country.
Q8. Political map of Pakistan is the outcome of its geo-strategic location. Give a reasoned account for the statement.