FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION 1998 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any FIVE questions. All questions carry EQUAL marks.
1. “Internal developments bear upon the foreign relations of a state and vice versa”. Explain with particular reference to Pakistan’s relations with big powers.
2. “Detonation of a nuclear device by Pakistan in May 1998 unleashed a storm of controversy inside and outside the country”. Discuss.
3. Critically evaluate Pakistan’s National Education Policy 1998.
4. Give a critical appraisal of the background and current situation of Kashmir conflict.
5. Select and ONE sector of Pakistan’s economy and analyze its performance during the last twenty years.
6. “Behind political crises in South East Asia lies an economic slump”. Discuss.
7. Discuss the geopolitical importance of Pakistan and underscore the role played by the country in SAARC and ECO.
8. Write explanatory notes on any TWO of the following: (a) Sino-US Relationships (b) Communalism in India (c ) Kosovo Crisis (d) European Monetary Union
Ad by Google