FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION – 2013 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ISLAMIC STUDIES
- TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
- PART-I(MCQS): MAXIMUM 30 MINUTES
- PART-I (MCQS) MAXIMUM MARKS = 20
- PART-II MAXIMUM MARKS = 80
- NOTE: (i) Part-II is to be attempted on the separate Answer Book.
- (ii) Attempt FOUR questions from PART-II. ALL questions carry EQUAL marks.
- (iii) All the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
- (iv) Candidate must write Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q. No. in the Q.Paper.
- (v) No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. All the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed.
- (vi) Extra attempt of any question or any part of the attempted question will not be considered.
Q.No.1. Select the best option/answer:
1. The largest Surah of the Quran is: a. Al-Baqrah b. Aali Imran c. Al-Taubah d. Surah Younus e. None of these
2. Fidk Garden was bestowed to the Holy Prophet (SAW) as: a. Fay b. Booty c. Gift d. Loan e. None of these
3. Arbeen is the book of Hadith in which there are: a. 40 Ahadith b. 50 Ahadith c. 30 Ahadith d. 20 Ahadith e. None of these
4. The heads of Zakat are: a. 8 b. 9 c. 7 d. 5 e. None of these
5. Mauwazatain mean: a. A Collection of Ahadith b. Two specific Surah of Quran c. A book of Jafferi Fiqh d. A book of Hanafi Fiqh e. None of these
6. The numbers of famous months are: a. 4 b. 6 c. 7 d. 2 e. None of these
7. Jabal-e-Noor is situated in: a. Arafat b. Ghar-i-Hira c. Ghar-i-Saur d. Madinah e. None of these
8. Which country is known as the “Land of Prophet”? a. Iraq b. Saudi Arabia c. Palestine d. Syria e. None of these
9. Zou-Shahadatein is the title of Hazrat: a. Khuzaima Bin Sabit (RA) b. Huzaifa Bin Yaman (RA) c. Ammar Bin Yasir (RA) d. Imam Abu Hanifa e. None of these
10. Sura Saba i: a. Makki b. Madani c. Iraqi d. Makki Madni e. None of these
11. Which Surah of Quran has Bismillah twice? a. Al-Nahal b. Al-Namal c. Al-Ahzab d. Al-Noor e. None of these
12. Imam-e-Darul-Hijra was a title of: a. Imam Ahmad b. Imam Maalik c. Imam Shafai d. Imam Muhammad e. None of these
13. Masjid Qiblatain is situated in: a. Madinah b. Makkah c. Taif d. Jabal e Noor e. None of these
14. Which is a religious book of Hinduism? a. Injeel b. Taurat c. Ramain d. Bibel e. None of these
15. The first Islamic month is: a. Muharram b. Zil Hajjah c. Safar d. Rajab e. None of these
16. Which was the total number of idols were in the Kaaba? a. 260 b. 360 c. 460 d. 560 e. None of these
17. Batha Valley is situated in: a. Makkah b. Madinah c. Iraq d. Jordan e. None of these
18. Hazrat Muhammad (SAW) gave the key of Bait-Ullah permanently to: a. Ummrah bin Utba b. Hanzla bin Abil Amir c. Usman Bin Talha d. Abdullah bin Amir e. None of these
19. AshabusSabt mean: a. Jews b. Christians c. Muslims d. Sabieen e. None of these
20. The word Muhammad (SAW) as a name has been mentioned in Quran only: a. Two time b. Four time c. Six time d. Seven time e. None of theseEdit
- Attempt ONLY FIVE questions.
- Q.No.2. What is Human Dignity? Explain how Islam recognized it and what efforts have been adopted to maintain the superiority of man? (16)
- Q.No.3 Describe the importance and philosophy of Fasting (SAUM). Also explain its individual and collective benefits? (16)
- Q.No.4. Define Tauheed (Unity of Allah) in a scholarly manner describing its significance and its effects on human life? (16)
- Q.No.5. What is the significance of “Jihad” in the light of Quran and Sunnah? What are its kinds, principles and conditions? (16)
- Q.No.6. Define and explain Judicio-Political System of Islam? (16)
- Q.No.7. write down in detail the problems of “Ummah” in the contemporary world.
- Q.No.8. Discuss the concept of veil and freedom of women from Islamic point of view while analyzing the law against veil in France. (16)
- Q.No.9. The Holy Quran is the fountain-head at all kind of knowledge. Discuss (16)