Pakistan Affairs CSS Paper 1977
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Give the natural regions of the hill zones of Pakistan and state the means of livelihood of the people.
2. What are the natural conditions of Balochistan? How have they been utilized by the different stocks of people living there?
3. In the opinion of some political scientists, agitational politics has been the running theme in the thirty years of the history of Pakistan. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
4. “It is the personality that has been the moving spirit behind the political changes in Pakistan”. Discuss in depth.
5. What has been the consequence of recent nationalisation in Pakistan? Discuss in the perspective of the economic condition in the country.
6. Do you think there has been industrial retardation in Pakistan? Discuss in the perspective of the economic condition in the country.
7. What has been the role of the army in the stability of the country? Do you think that there should be a Constitutional provision for their active place in the performance of this act? What proposals would you like to make?
8. Discuss the provisions of autonomy as provided in the last Constitutions of Pakistan. Are they sufficient guarantee for the development of the regional groups?
9. Discuss the role of the political parties in pre-1958 history of Pakistan.
10. Who’s Who/What’s What? (Answer briefly):
a) Iqbal’s parentage and ancestry.
b) Iqbal’s education.
c) Iqbal’s marriages and his children.
d) Iqbal’s poetic works in Urdu.
e) Iqbal’s poetic works in Persian.
f) Iqbal’s prose work and its place in the history of Muslim philosophy.
g) Iqbal as a member of the Punjab Legislative Assembly.
h) Iqbal’s address at the Allahabad session of the All India Muslim League.
i) Iqbal at the Round Table Conference.
j) Iqbal’s letters to Quaid-i-Azam M. A. Jinnah.