FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Why do we have a traditional of agitation, protest and demonstration in Pakistan and not of a smooth democratic change? Analyse.
2. Suppose you are asked by the Government of Pakistan to present a proposal identifying the problems of National Integration and suggesting their possible solutions. Give examples.
3. Pakistani culture combines the seemingly paradoxical characteristics of Diversity and Unity. Do you agree. Give examples.
4. Write a short essay on “The impact of Mechanised Farming in Pakistan.”
5. What in your view were the most significant causes of the breakdown of the constitutional process in Pakistan on any one of the following occasions: a) October 1958 b) March 1969 c) July 1977
6. What are the major economic problems confronting Pakistan? What measures do you propose to overcome these?
7. Why was One Unit created and why was it dismembered?
8. Discuss the role played by Allama Mohammad Iqbal in the awakening of Muslim India.
9. What are the reasons behind the strong political influence of bureaucracy and the military in Pakistan” Explain briefly.
10. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) Chaudhry Mohammad Ali
b) 1965 War between Pakistan and India
c) The Pakistan Resolution
d) The Day of Deliverance
e) Pakistan Writers’ Guild
f) The significance of the 14th August
g) The process of Islamization of Pakistan
h) The Waliullah Movement
i) The Two Nations Theory.