FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
Time allowed: 3 hours Maximum marks: 100
Note: Attempt five questions only including Question No. 1, which is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks.
1. Fill in the blanks:
(i) Quran was for the first time translated in Urdu by ____.
(ii) In the Sub-continent Suhrawardiyah Silsalah was founded by ____.
(iii) Haji Shariatullah founded the ____ Movement in Bengal.
(iv) The total area of Pakistan is ____ sq kilometers.
(v) The main river of Balochistan Plateau is ____.
(vi) The Standard time of Pakistan is the local time of ____.
(vii) “____” was written by ____.
(viii) The height of K2 is ____.
(ix) ____ was the author of The Emergency of Pakistan”.
(x) ____ was the editor of “Comrade”.
(xi) Deoband was founded by ____.
(xii) A The Partition of Bengal was annulled in ____.
(xiii) The second Islamic Summit Conference was held in the year ____.
(xiv) The First International Islamic Economic Conference was held in ____.
(xv) The first Constitution of Pakistan was promulgated on ____.
(xvi) Syed Ahmed fought the last battle against the Sikh at ____.
(xvii) The Eighth Amendment was passed in ____.
(xvii) The Pakistan Resolution was passed on ____ March 1940.
(xix) Islamia College Peshawar was founded by ____.
(xx) ____ was the first Chief Justice of Pakistan.
2. Why did the Muslins of British India demand Separate Electorate? How did they achieve this objective?
3. The Elections of 1937 proved to be the immediate cause for the demand of separate state by the Muslims of British India.
4. Pakistan’s relations with the Middle East have deep roots in history. Discuss.
5. What are the main natural resources of Pakistan?
6. Discuss the salient features of Objectives Resolution and its relevance to the Ideology of Pakistan.
7. What role the cottage industries play in the economic development of Pakistan? What are the chief cottage industries and where are they located?
8. Discuss the role played by the Islamic Ideology Council and Federal Shariat Court in the implementation of Islam in Pakistan.
9. Muhammad Iqbal is considered as poet-philosopher of Pakistan. Why?
10. Write notes on any Two of the following:
(i) All India Muhammadan Educational Conference
(ii) Indus Basin Treaty
(iii) Cabinet Mission Plan
(iv) Zakat and Ushr Ordinance