FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-1989 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
Time allowed: 3 hours Maximum marks: 100
Note: Attempt any Five questions, All questions carry equal marks.
Ad by Google
1. Make a critical appraisal of Shah Wali-Ullah’s efforts for the revival of Muslim rule in India. How far he was successful in his mission?
2. Evaluate the contribution of Sir Syed Ahmed Khan towards the growth of Muslim Nationalism in this sub-continent.
3. Identify and evaluate the salient features of the’ Lucknow Pact of 1916.
4. Why did Quaid-i-Azam change from his earlier role of the “Ambassador of Hindi Muslim unity” to the fiercest champion of the Muslim cause? Discuss.
5 Discuss the nature and purpose of the Khilafat Movement Why it failed to achieve its desired objectives?
6. Evaluate Allama Iqbal’s solution of the “complex politico-religious problems of the sub-continent” in the light of his Allahabad address of 1930.
7. Discuss the fundamental principles of the Lahore Resolution.
8. Discuss the chief characteristics of tribal, rural and urban societies in Pakistan.
9. Discuss the role of natural resources in the economic development of Pakistan
10. Explain the geographical background to the development of irrigation in the Indus Plain and discuss the agricultural problems which have resulted from the development of irrigation and suggest possible solution.
Ad by Google