Pakistan Affairs CSS Paper 1993
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-1993 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
Time allowed: 3 hours Maximum marks: 100
Note: Attempt any Five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
Ad by Google
1. Sum up the consequences of the failure of the War of Independence of 1857 with special reference to its effects on the Muslims of South Asia.
2. Sir Syed Ahmad Khan had foreseen that two nations — Muslims and Hindus could not sit on the same throne and remain equal in power. Discuss.
3. Describe the main recommendations of the Nehru Report. What was the Muslim reaction to them?
4. Do you agree with Sir Reginald Coupland’s view that Congress’s ‘totalitarian mentality’ and the attempt to coerce the Muslim League failed and the reaction of Jinnah and his followers constituted a historic turning point in the course of Indian politics?
5. What sort of changes does one detect in the belief system that is Islam and that provides an important ideological underpinning for the state in Pakistan?
6. Analyse the cause of failure of National Integration in Pakistan.
7. How far is the political instability in Pakistan due to its unstable political parties?
8. Describe briefly the geographical features and the natural resources of Pakistan.
Ad by Google