FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION-1994 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE-III (PAKISTAN AFFAIRS)
Time allowed: 3 hours Maximum marks: 100
Note: Answer any five questions. All questions carry equal marks.
Ad by Google
1. Briefly analyze the contributions of Deoband, Aligarh College, and Anjuman Himayat e- Islam in generating Muslim consciousness and building momentum for the creation of Pakistan.
2. Please focus on political developments in British India between 1930-1947. Would you argue Pakistan was inevitable with or without Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah? Take a position and support your argument.
3. Write a short note on any One of the following: a. Salient provisions of the 1935 Act and their impact on constitution-making in Pakistan. b. Objectives Resolution of 1949 and subsequent demands for Islamization. c. Message and thought of Shah Wali Ullah.
4. Geographically Pakistan is a contiguous and compact state ethnically it is rich and diverse. What are the sources of ethnic discontent in Pakistan? What measures would you suggest to promote national integration?
5. How can Pakistan achieve educational and economic development given our current rate of population growth?
6. Given the problems that Pakistan is confronted with in the year 1994, what is your vision of Pakistan in the year 2005? Be bold and imaginative, please.
7. Compare and contrast the logic of nationalization in the 1970’s and privatization initiated in the late 1980s. Based on Pakistan’s experience why would you prefer one over the other for economic development in Pakistan? Please discuss.
8. In Pakistan democratic process is fragile because political parties are weak. Would you agree? What steps would you suggest to develop democratic institutions? Please discuss.
Ad by Google