FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS
IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2006.
PHILOSOPHY, PAPER – II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS
NOTE: Attempt all questions. The length of the answers should be in line with the Marks assigned to question.
- PART – A: Name the authors of the following great Philosophical work:
- Tarjuman Al-Ashwaq 2. Ihya-al-Ulum 3. Qanun fil Tib 4. Talkhis Mabad-ul-Tabiyiah 5. Al-Mustazahiri
PART – B: Fill in the blanks with any of the words/names, etc.
(6) ___________ was a great pragmatist thinker.
(a) Russel (b) W. James (C) J. Moore (d) Some Other
(7) Existence Precedes essence is the philosophy of ______________.
(a) Kierkegaard (b) Bergson (c) Sartre (d) Some other
(8) Whois the author of the book “The impact of science on the society”.
(a) Spinoza (b) Sartre (c) Russell (d) Some other
(9) Scepticism is the philosophy of ___________ ?
(a) Wittgenstein (b) Bergson (c) Russell (d) D. hume (e) Some other
(10) Realism started from ____________?
(a) Thales (b) Socrates (c) Plato (d) Aristotle
PART-C: Define any two of the following in one or two words/sentences.
a. Rationalism b. Empiricism c. Pragmatism d. Scepticism
PART-D: Name the philosopher who said the following:
1. I think therefore I am. 2. Man is the measure of all things. 3. Philosophy is free inquiry. It suspects all authority. 4. Islam is Nature and Nature is Islam. 5. The Universe is based on Sex.
Give a critical exposition of tuhfatul thafat by Rushd.
Why Mutazilities are called the people of Unity and Justice, explain?
Do you consider Ashrites rationalists or orthodox? Explain.
Critically examine al-Ghazali’s ’Attack’ on law of causality.
Discuss All-Farabi’s Theory of Emanation.
Discuss Shah Wali Allah’s “Social Justice”.
What is sufism?
What are the contributions of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan towards Islamic Philosophy?
How Ibn Sina explain Body-Mind relationship?
What is the impact of Iqbal’s Ijtehad on the present society?