FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION 1972
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, PAPER II – Current Affairs
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer Five question, All questions carry equal marks.
- What measures would you suggest to reduce disparities between the have and have-not countries?
- How has China under Mao managed to become the world’s under three power?
- Discuss the various plans for the reduction of military forces in Europe.
- Write a short report on President Nixon’s visit Moscow in June 1972
- Briefly comment on the summit meeting between president Z A. Bhutto and the Indian Prime Minister Mrs. Indira Gandhi, to settle the problems arising from war between India and Pakistan in December 1971.
- Write a short on Hazrat Ghous-i-Azam (R.A)
- Discuss the environmental problems facing the highly industrialized society.
- Examine the steps taken by the Red Cross for the benefit of the Indo-Pakistan conflict victims.
- Identify the following and state what brought them in the news lately:
(a) George McGovern; (b) Dr. Nazir Ahmad; (c) Duke of Windows; (d) Princess Ashraf, (e) Marshal Kim Sung;
- Write notes on any THREE of the following:
(a) The Stockholm Conference on the Human Environment (b) Japan’s United Red Army (c) Organization of African Unity (d) S.A.LT (e) World Bank