FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION 1973
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, PAPER II – Current Affairs
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer Five questions only. Questions 8, however, is compulsory. All questions carry equal marks
1. Critically examine the efforts of the U.N, in connection with disarmament, particularly prohibition of nuclear weapons.
2. What political arrangements regarding Asia and the indo-Pak continent have been canvassed by the U.S.S.R in recent times? Discuss their implications.
3. Discuss the consequence of Britain’s new economic links with Western Europe for the partners in the commonwealth.
4. Examine West Germany’s Eastern policy under Willy Brandt. What are likely to be its repercussions on the policies of Central and Eastern Europe?
5. What is Apartheid? What has been its effects on the international position of the Union of South Africa?
6. What are the points at issue between India and the People’s Republic of China? What caused estrangement between the two countries after an initial period of friendship?
7. “Peace with honour in South-East Asia (Nixon): “This is brilliant characterizations of the Agreement of Peace in Vietnam
8. Who’s who/What’s What; (Answer very briefly, say, in not more than 10-12 words each):
(a) Akhbar-al-Youm (b) Huang Hua (c) Idi Amin (d) Masayoshi Ohira (e) Kenneth Kaunda (f) UNRWA (g) ICBM (h) Lord Lambton (i) Wall Street (j) Kremlin (k) Dahomey (l) Sihanouk (m) Mohammad Mahmoudi (n) Mindanao (o) Keflavik (p) Nasir Assar (q) Gabon (r) Papadopoulos (s) Campora (t) Skylab