FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION 1971
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, PAPER II – Current Affairs
Time Allowed: 3 Hours Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer Five question, All questions carry equal marks.
1. Discuss the political developments in Sudan during 1971.
2. Examine the latest trends in the United States policy towards the People’s Republic of China.
3. Account for the bloodshed is northern Ireland.
4. What do you know about President Nixon’s monetary measures designed to stop pressure on the dollar? Why they created a world-wide stir?
5. Trace the history of Masjid Al-Aqsa.
6. Discuss the circumstances leading to the Soviet-Indian security pact on the situation in the Sub-continent?
7. Japan’s phenomenal growth has made it the third greatest economic power in the world, well on the way to surpassing Russia and even (according to some futurologists) to catching up America by the end of the century. Comments.
8. Write an essay on the Apollo-15 mission to the moon.
9. Identify the following and state what brought them in the news lately
(a) Lt. Gen A.A.K Niazi (b) Senator Edward Kennedy (c) Gunnar V. Jarring (d) Ali Sabri (e) Dr. I.H. Qureshi
10. Write notes on any THREE of the following;
(a) Motamar Alam e Islami (b) Bahrain (c) Apartheid (d) Federation of Arab Republics