Geography CSS Paper II 2002
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS – 17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2002.
GEOGRAPHY, PAPER – II
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
Note: Attempt any FIVE questions in all. including Question No. 8 which is COMPULSORY
- “Geographers have to rethink their approach to regional studies in the light of increasing environmental stress from local to international levels.” Assess this statement.
- Explain process of demographic transition comparing the % areas and populations of either Canada or the United States of America (USA).
Bring out the importance of geographic differences within Western European region and Eastern European, the Balkans and the former Soviet Union region.
Write a comprehensive note on world economic activities, their geographic ,’significance, extent and recent globalizing trends.
Discuss ancient, river based regional structure of South Asia with special access to its resource realm.
In what ways does regional knowledge actually lead to improve self and mutual understanding of people and places in Pakistan?
Describe any TWO of the following:
(i) Economies of the oil producers in Arab Southwest Asia. (ii) Geopolitical role of the Central Asian Countrie. (iii) Urban landscape of Latin America (iv) Future of the ASEAN countries.
- Write only the correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the questions.
(1) Technical base for the earliest urban civilization was:
(a) Agriculture (b) Trade (c) Mining (d) None of these
(2) Modern man evolved on the earth at least:
(a) 150,000 to 50,000 years back (b)300,000 to 100,000 years back (c) 600,000 to 200,000 years back (d) 1,000,000 to 555,000 years back (e) None of these
(3) Han, Asoka and Roman dynasties were characterized by:
(a) Urban culture (b) Rural set up (c) Markets (d) None of these
(4) Thinly spread food gatherers still occupy most of:
(a) Latin America (b) Southern Europe (c) Eastern Asia (d) None of these
(5) Nile Valley is located in:
(a) Central Africa (b) South Africa (c) North Africa (d) West Africa (e) None of these
(6) Antananarivo is capital of:
(a) Lithuania (b) Macedonia (c) Nicaragua (d) Madagascar (e) None of these
(7) Shanty towns are feature of:
(a) African large towns (b) Indian Cities (c) Eskimo dwellings (d) None of these
(8) Sadza, a stiff maize porridge is the staple food of:
(a) Syria (b) North Korea (c) New Zealand (d) Zimbabwe (e) None of these
(9) Water resources care the basis for country’s development in:
(a) Iran (b) Sudan (c) Turkey (d) Spain (e) None of these
(10) Human Development Index (HDI) is a composite statistic calculated from:
(a) Life expectancy (b) Educational Expenditure (c) Foreign Exchange (d) None of these
(11) Peru, Bolivia and Mexico had centers of advanced culture called:
(a) Aegean (b) Buddha (c) Mayan and Inca (d) None of these
(12) Current position of Human Geography in the U.S. has edited by:
(a) Taaffe (b) Scholz (c) Brodnock (d) Janzen (e) None of these
(13) Austria and Switzerland are included in:
(a) Northern Europe (b) Alpine Europe (c) Mediterranean Europe (d) None of these
(14) Metal working Industries, collectivized agriculture and export of mineral fuel are features of:
(a) Japan (b) India (c) Russian federation (d) Germany (e) None of these
(15) Christaller (1933) pioneered theory of:
(a) Agricultural Locations (b) Central place (c) Industrial Locations (d) None of these
(16) Prairie Provinces are parts of:
(a) Afghanistan (b) Somalia (c) Thailand (d) None of these
(17) The so called Green Revolution began in India in:
(a) 1980 (b) 1970 (c) 1966 (d) 1990 (e) None of these
(18) Myanmar a mountainous country is located in:
(a) South West Asia (b) South East Asia (c) Southern Asia (d) None of these
(19) Systematic colonization of land in South Asia began in:
(a) Mid 18th Century (b) Mid 19th Century (c) Mid 20th Century (d) None of these
(20) Pakistan’s iron and steel mill at Pipri is built by:
(a) British assistance (b) UAE assistance (c) German assistance (d) Soviet assistance (e) None of these
14 thoughts on “Geography CSS Paper II 2002”
65999 505066Yay google is my king helped me to discover this fantastic web site ! . 260009
34988 2533Thanks for sharing superb informations. Your website is so cool. 335031
342860 996496 Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So good to locate somebody with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for starting this up. this site is something that is required on the web, someone with just a little originality. useful job for bringing something new to the internet! 751585
111805 734909Terrific paintings! That could be the type of details that are meant to be shared around the net. Shame on the seek for no longer positioning this publish higher! Come on over and consult with my internet site . Thank you =) 766279
898587 269788I like this weblog so a lot, saved to fav. 945499
448434 583175Some really excellent info , Gladiola I identified this. 992492
721684 762262Wow, amazing weblog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you make blogging look simple. The overall appear of your web website is wonderful, let alone the content material! 878109
649984 1404Ive been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to enjoy this weblog. Thank you, I will try and check back far more often. How frequently you update your internet site? 675150
57055 74056bless you with regard towards the particular blog post ive really been searching regarding this kind of data on the internet for sum time right now as a result cheers 199383
462315 67686Hello. Neat post. There is an concern along with your web site in firefox, and you may want to test this The browser is the market chief and a big part of other people will miss your great writing because of this dilemma. 726577
201959 453678It is a shame you dont have a donate button! Id most surely donate to this outstanding web website! I suppose in the meantime ill be pleased with bookmarking and putting your Rss feed to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will share this weblog with my Facebook group: ) 789929
194668 368400As I site possessor I believe the topic material here is rattling amazing , appreciate it for your efforts. 366907
My family members always say that I am wasting my time here at net, however
I know I am getting know-how all the time by reading thes good
I really like reading through an article that will make people think.
Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!