Current Affairs CSS Paper 1997
FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION 1997 FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
TIME ALLOWED: THREE HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Note: Answer any FIVE questions. All questions carry EQUAL marks. Give the serial numbers of the question paper to your answer.
1. Talibans are the supreme force in Afghanistan and therefore they fully deserve to be recognized by all. Discuss this statement in the light of Pakistan’s relations with Iran.
2. “Our revenues are not sufficient to meet even the two major items of current expenditure – debt servicing and the defence”. Examine this statement in the ligt of Federal Budget 1997-98.
3. Critically examine the Education Policies being pursued by the Government of Pakistan since 1972. Why these failed to achieve the targets?
4. Do you think the passing of Fourteenth Amendment Boll, 1997 will bring to an end of Floor Crossing in Pakistan? Discuss.
5. It is presumed that the restoration of Hong Kong to China will bring drastic political and social changes in that country. Discuss.
6. Do you think the final decision on single European Monetary Union will ultimately usher a new Superpower in Europe? Discuss?
7. In what was the expansion of NATO would benefit the USA and Europe? Discuss.
8. Do you think Secular Radicalism in Turkey will be replaced by the Islamic Fundamentalism in the near future? Discuss this aspect taking into consideration frequent political upheavals in that country.
Ad by Google