FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 1997
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Write a comprehensive and analytical essay on ONE of the following topics:
1. The pleasure of idleness.
2. “None but the brave deserve the fair”.
3. Expanding information technology; a curse or blessing.
4. Human development must be the objective of all other developments:
5. Muslim perception of the West, and the Western perceptions of Islam.
6. Civil, war ‘in Afghanistan: Consequences for regional countries.
7. Democracy in Pakistan will remain insecure without strong local self-government institutions.
8. Fifty years’ of Pakistan: the dreams and the realities?
9. WTO (World Trade Organization) and its implication for developing economies like Pakistan.
10. In a democracy the voter of the vicious and stupid count. But, under any other system, they might “be running the show.
11.The national economy, and its tribulation.
12. The manner in which it is given is worth more than the gift.