FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BPS – 17 UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, 2000
TIME ALLOWED: 3 HOURS MAXIMUM MARKS:100
NOTE: Write a comprehensive and analytical essay on ONE of the following topics:
1. Good governance and the role of the public servant.
2. Sweet are the uses of adversity.
3. “Hero-worship is the strongest where there is least regard for human freedom”.
4. Advancement in science and technology is the gateway to the economic prosperity of a country.
5. The barbarity of ethnic cleansing.
6. “Education makes a people easy to lead, but difficult to drive, easy to govern, but impossible to enslave”.
7. “We never know the worth of water till the well is dry“.
8. Progressive alleviation of poverty in Pakistan – an overview.
9. “If you wish the sympathy of broad manes, then you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things”.
10. Moral standards in international relations.
11. “Personal liberty is the paramount essential to human dignity and human happiness”.
12. “The purification of politics is an iridescent dream”.