FEDERAL PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION -2006
FOR RECRUITMENT TO POSTS IN BS-17
UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
(PART-I) 30 MINUTES MAXIMUM MARKS:20
(PART-II) 2 Hours & 30 Minutes MAXIMUM MARKS:80
Q.1 Write only correct answer in the Answer Book. Do not reproduce the question.
(1) How many medals were won by Pakistan in the 18th Commonwealth games? (a) 3 (b) 5 (c ) 7 (d) None of these
(2) The Currency of China is: (a) Rouble (b) Yen (c ) Yuan (d) None of these
(3) In the absence of President, who becomes the acting President of Pakistan? (a) Speaker of the NA (b) Chairman Senate (c ) Chief Justice of pakistan (d) None of these
(4) Han Myung has become the First Woman Prime Minister of: (a) South Korea (b) North Korea (c ) Vietnam (d) None of these
(5) Zalmay Khalil is the US Ambassador to: (a) Iraq (b) Syria (c ) Lebanon (d) None of these
(6) H3N1 is the name of a: (a) Medicine (b) Vaccine (c ) Virus (d) None of these
(7) Biman is the AirLine of: (a) Sri Lanka (b) Nepal (c ) Bangladesh (d) None of these
(8) Which country’s border with Pakistan is called Durand line: (a) Iran (b) Afghanistan (c ) Iran (d) None of these
(9) Xinhua is the news agency of: (a) China (b) Russia (c ) North Korea (d) None of these
(10) The headquarters of the UN Security Council is located at: (a) Washington (b) Paris (c ) New York (d) None of these
(11) Who is the Governor of the State Bank of Pakistan? (a) Dr. Shamshad Akhtar (b) Dr. Ishrat Hussain (c ) Salman Shah (d) None of these
(12) Nobel Peace Prize for the year 2005 was awarded to M. Elbaradei together with: (a) United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) (b) International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) (c ) World Health Organization (WHO) (d) None of these
(13) Who is the US Assistant Secretary of state for South Asian and Central Asian affairs? (a) Ryan C. Crocker (b) Nancy Powell (c ) Richard A. Boucher (d) none of these.
(14) What was the magnitude of the Earthquake that shook northern Pakistan and Azad Kashmir on October, 8, 2005? (a) 5.7 (b) 7.5 (c ) 7.7 (d) None of these.
(15) Rafiq Bahauddin al Hariri had been the Prime Minister of : (a) Libya (b) Lebanon (c ) Syria (d) None of these.
(16) Angela Merkel is the : (a) President of France (b) First lady of Britain (c ) Chancellor of Germany (d) none of these
(17) Fourth Estate applied to: (a) Executive (b) Secret Agency (c ) Press (d) None of these.
(18) The “Spirit of Islam” author is: (a) Sir Syed Ahmad Khan (b) Syed Amir Ali (c ) Allama Iqbal (d) none of these.
(19) The South Asian Association for regional cooperation (SAARC) Standing Committee had agreed in principle to grant an observer status to: (a) China and japan (b) Britain and France (c ) US and Korea (d) None of these
(20) George Washington was the first President of USA. Who is the incumbent Vice President of America? (a) George Bush (b) Gerald Ford (c ) Dick Cheney (d) None of these.