English Essay CSS Topicwise Papers – Idioms
- I do not agree with what you have to say, but I’ll defend to the death your right to say it.
2015: Anticipation is often greater than the realization
2015: Punctuality is virtue of bored
2015: Luxury of predecessors becomes the necessity of successors
- Can meaning be fixed?
- If gold rust what shall the iron do?
- Beggars cannot be choosers.
- Brains, like hearts, go where they are appreciated.
- There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.
- ‘Brain, Like Hearts, Go Where They Are Appreciated’
- ‘There Comes A Time To Put Aside Principles And Do What’s Right’
- ‘We Grown Too Old Soon And Too Late Smart’
- ‘Every Solution Breeds New Problems’
- “A long Dispute means that both parties are wrong”
- “Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes”.
- It is not only fine feathers that make fine birds.
- Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.
- He who eats the fruit should at least plant the seed.
“The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your arm”
Sweet are the uses of adversity.
- “We never know the worth’ of water till the well is dry
- “If you wish the sympathy of broad manes, then you must tell them the crudest and most stupid things”
- “The cream rises to the top, so does the scum”.
- Piety at public expense
- Pleasure of idleness.
- The manner in which it is given is worth more than the gift
- Nothing is so self-blinding as self-righteousness.
- Procrastination is the thief of time.
- Full many a flower is born to unseen, and waste its sweetness on the desert air.
- ‘Man proposes and God disposes’.
- Blow, blow, thou winter wind, Thou art not so unkind. As man’s ingratitude.
- Prosperity is a great teacher, adversity is greater.
- There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
- “Better to reign in hell, than serve in heaven.”
- Sweet are the uses of adversity.
- A thing of beauty is a joy forever.
- “Blessings and Joys of Adversity”.
- “There is tide in the affairs of men which taken at the flood leads on to fortune”.
- All that glitters is not gold.
- Small is Beautiful.
- If winter comes, can spring be far behind
- A living dog is better than a dead lion
- Necessity is the mother of invention